PC-8H, PC-15H, PC-35
Computer Controlled Coiling Machine
PC coiler has entirely changed the concept of the coiling machine!
Its operation is surprisingly easy, it is highly accurate, and it is fast!
PC series is made for the easy operation and standardization of the tooling; therefore it reduced operator's setting time to the minimum level. And, by installing four AC servo motors to actuate Feed, Cut, Pitch, and Diameter Axes independently, it produces highly precise springs at very high speed.
Moreover, it has build in functions such as: free length measuring function using the Static Capacity Detection Method, and statistical coiling process control function of SCD-5, and newly developed Outside Diameter Control function; the combination of those features allows the fully automated spring making to the PC series.
Easy operation and accurate regaining of Tool Positions:
- Feed Rolls, Pitch Tool, Point Tool(s), and Cut Tool can be moved as you desired only by turning the Remote Handle. This has eased the control of such machine parts dramatically.
- In order to gain the exactness of tool positions and other mechanical setting positions from previously made springs, PC series is equipped with micrometers and dial gauges providing you with the numeric data of each setting points, as standard. For example, you can regain the initial tension by adjusting the micrometer of Point Tool numerically.
As you know, it used to be totally dependent on technical skills of the setter. Vertical position of the Arbor can be adjusted according to the dial gauge, and even the Feed Rolls' pressure is numerically adjustable reading the meter. Very precious time you spent on setting of machine will not be wasted any more;
our computerized and numerically controllable machine will assist you regain the Tool Positions precisely.
- There are no more need for grinding cams, adjusting levers, and hustling to regain previous tool positions. Using the PC series, you can build up an asset every time you do the new setting.
High accuracy, high speed production:
- 4 sets of AC Servo Motors control the Feed Rolls, Pitch tool, Point tool(s), and Cut tool independently; this allows fast and accurate movement of the wire and each tools. Also, Linear Motion Bearing system adopted to all slides promises tool movements to be highly accurate.
- Each tools' movement is controlled by a minimum increment of 0.01mm, and the wire is fed by a minimum increment of 0.05mm.
- Maximum feed speed is at 90 meters per minute, and the cam shafts are capable of rotation speed at 300 rpm; this enables PC series to produce 120-140 pieces of standard size compression springs (Developed Length at about 250mm) every minute.
Easy designing of spring shapes:
- Once you set the tools in positions to produce a Close Wound Coil of a given outside diameter, tension of the pitch and tapered shape can be easily modified by simple programming of the computer.
- Since the machine dose not require cam modification and adjustment of levers, you can concentrate in setting of tools and their fine adjustment.
- The program you made will be stored on a floppy disk.
Auto Program Generator:
- PC series features the self programming function. Only by punching in the basic dimensions of the compression spring, PC series will provide you with a guideline program. You can complete such pro- gram by simply modifying some of the value.
- This feature will save your programming time tremendously, and will be a perfect text for new operators.
Adopted to various coiling methods:
- PC series is equipped with coiling unit for both the Two Points Coiling and the One Point Coiling methods, and pitch control unit for the Wedge Pitch Control and the Push Pitch Control methods, as standard. Of course, it is capable of the right hand and the left hand coiling, too. Thus, you can select the optimal coiling and pitch controlling methods for the desired shape of the spring.
- For example, you can apply the Two Points Coiling and the Wedge Pitch Control methods for producing the spring with large index; and apply the One Point Coiling and the Push Pitch Control methods for producing the spring with small index.
Especially, applying combination of the Two Points Coiling and the Wedge Pitch Control methods simplifies the shape of corresponding Arbor, and it also helps standardizing the tools.
- Since all tools, such as: Point Tool, Pitch Tool(s), Cut Tool, Arbor and Wire Guides are fine ground, they are ready for you to use without fine grinding. Especially, the section of the Point tools are designed to be rectangular so that they can be mounted back on the exactly same setting positions. Also, Wire Guides has a C-shaped groove on the front part;
this stabilizes the guidance of the wire when you are producing a spring with small index.
- Tip of the Arbor is processed into a Half Moon shape, to fit into the inside diameter of the producing spring.
Various functions to approach the unattended production:
- Probe equipped on the PC series features the non-contact measuring system which adopted the Static Capacity Detection Method. It is used for the measurement of Free Length which proceeds to sort out the bad springs, and further proceeds to feed back the deflected amount of Free Length to the Pitch tool.
- The same Probe is used for measurement of Outside Diameter; it monitors the deflection periodically and feeds back the data to the Point Tool.
- PC series counts the numbers of: good springs, bad springs, bad springs produced in a sequence, and abnormal springs produced in a sequence; then, counting up of these numbers proceeds the machine to shut down automatically. Also, it has the function to calculate the percentage of good springs.
- Emergency shutdown is executed when the machine detects wire run out, and other mechanical or electrical troubles.
- The Tri-color Signal Tower with a buzzer equipped on PC series let you know the running condition of the machine from the distance.
The Green lamp puts on when machine is running in normal state, the Yellow lamp puts on when machine is shut down by counting up, and the Red lamp puts on when machine is shut down by the detected trouble. You can also program the buzzer to operate simultaneously.
- You can program the post-process after detecting troubles of Count-Ups. For example, it is programmable to shut down the heat treatment furnace 30 minutes after the Count-Up.
Simple but accurate mechanism:
- PC series's mechanisms are adopted to suit the control of the computer. Every adjusting devices are located on the front part of the machine to simplify the operation.
- Feed Roll Unit:
You can feed the wire forward and backward by the increment of 0.05mm. The axial position adjusting mechanism allows you to fine adjust the Feed Roll against groove of the wire guides. Even the Feed Roll Pressure can be set through the gauge.
- Wire Guide Unit:
The C-shaped groove on front part of the Wire Guides holds a good support, even when you are working on a spring with small index.
- Arbor Unit:
Arbor can be vertically adjusted by the Hand Wheel located on the front of the machine; and its position can be read through the dial gauge by the increment of 0.01mm. The unit is retractable to meet the production of reverse barrel shape spring;
it is synchronized to the movement of the Cut Tool and pushes Arbor forward to the cutting position. Also, the Arbor can be extracted from inside of the machine, so that you can modify it without disturbing the other sets.
- Point Slide Unit:
You can control the Outside Diameter by the increment of 0.01mm. You have a choice between the One Point Coiling and the Two Points Coiling methods. Micrometers are provided for the fine adjustment of the Initial Tension and the positioning of the Point Tools.
Coiling direction and coiling method can be easily switched by changing the slides' positions. Since the Point Tools are directly controlled by cams located on the face of the machine, they move precisely as commanded by the computer, and their motions are kept on the same tracks very accurately.
- Pitch Slide Unit:
You can control the Pitch Tool by the increment of 0.01mm. You can also select whether to use the Wedge Pitch method or the Push Pitch method. The Pitch Tools used in both coiling methods are directly controlled by a cam located on the face of the machine; therefore, the Pitch Tool moves precisely as directed by the computer and maintains the same motion repeatedly.
- Cut Slide Unit:
Cut Tool is directly controlled by a cam located on the face of the machine. You can mount a Auxiliary Cam on a side of the Cut Slide for the use of Retractable Arbor.
- Wire Wheel Unit:
Wire Wheel keeps the Wire Cast direction constant; thus it stabilizes the coiling process.
Detecting the Free Length:
- Measurement of Free Length on the PC series has adopted the Static Capacity Detection Method which established high reputation on the SCD series.
- PC series digitally displays the Free Lengths of springs detected in a sequence and generates a line graph out of such data; thus it permits a real-time grasp of the machines' producing condition.
Sorting and Feeding back:
- The Rotary Solenoid Chute of the PC series is an item of standard equipment which rejects the bad springs into the plus or minus side at high speed.
- Because the measurement of the free length deviations are directly fed back onto the computer's pitch control program by the increment of 1/100mm, its effect is observable from the next produced spring. Highly accurate mechanism of the PC series improves the percentage of the good springs.
Counter Display and Production Speed Display:
- Monitor Screen displays the numbers of good springs, the numbers of bad springs and the percentage of the good springs produced in the real-time.
- Production speed is displayed as: secs./pc.(at increment of 1/100 sec.), pcs./min., and pcs./hr. Pre-set Counter for each of the good springs and the bad springs are provided as standard.
- PC series also contains a function to shut down the machine, when the numbers of bad springs and / or +/- abnormal springs exceed the amounts you set prior to the operation, and when the percentage of good springs is dropped down below the desired pre-set level.
Statistical Process Control Function:
- You can keep track of the production status and the production capability by reading the real- time display of the histogram which has been generated from the measured Free Length and the counted numbers of springs.
- PC series continuously calculates various statistics, such as the Mean (Xbar), the Standard Deviation (3sigma), and the Coefficient of Process Capability (Cp) from the histogram. These statistics provide a more accurate indication of the current spring production status.
- You can pre-set the number of springs to be sampled, how often to be sampled, how many times to be sampled; then the PC series, as standard functions, will samples the springs, and displays the statistics and the histogram of such springs during the production.
- It also has a function to automatically increase Feed Back Ratio in every sampling to find out the optimal Feed Back Ratio, while sampling.
Outside Diameter Control Function:
- PC series does not only detect the Free Length, but it also detects and controls the Outside Diameter of the springs.
- The same Probe used in detecting Free Length is also applied for the Outside Diameter Control function.
- Initially, this function makes one Close Wound Coil in the beginning of the normal production, and set the measurement of its Developed Length as the reference value. Next, it makes a Close Wound Coil at every given interval (you pre-set such interval value between 1,000-5,000 pcs. prior to the operation).
Then, it calculate the deviation of the Outside Diameter out of the difference between sampled Close Wound Coil and the Initial reference to make collection of the Out- side Diameter. (patent pending)
- Those Close Wound Coil made during the production will be sorted out to direction of the bad springs.
Convenient features of Computer Print Out and Video Print Out functions:
- Computer Print Out is a standard function of the PC series. You can connect an optional printer to print out the programs, the Total Records of Measured Free Length, and the sampling records on a 10 x11 inch computer print out sheet.
- Video Print Out is also a standard function of the PC series. Just by connecting the optional Video Printer, you can get the print-outs of what you see on the Monitor Screen instantly.
- Being capable of fine adjusting of the program in the meantime of operation, the PC series let you fine adjust the shape of the product while it's producing.
- There are 4 Sensor Terminals, 4 Alarm Terminals, and 8 AC100V Peripheral Device Control Terminals provided to you to have enough controls of the peripheral devices.
- The Layout Records (readings from the set positions of: micrometers, dial gauges, Feed Roll Pressure Gauge, Wire Wheel angle, etc.) and the Total Record of Measured Free Length are stored along with each program on a floppy disk.
- PC series meets the safety standards of the United States, and of the European countries. It has the inter-lock mechanisms built into a hatch of the high voltaged area and safety-covers on the both sides of the machine as a standard feature.
- A Working Light with a magnifying lens is a standard equipment of the PC series.
- 2 Pneumatic Solenoid Valves are standard equipment of the PC series.
- It has the built-in calendar until the year 2090.
It is very easy to operate PC-15's Computer:
There are 8 of the basic commands, which are:
- You can make the program easily by using the keyboard.
- PC-15 uses the program with simple commands designed originally by the ITAYA Engineering Ltd. for the use of our spring making machines.
- Standard operating procedures can be obtained in a few days of training.
|Feed Command ||F ||feeds the wire.
|Cut Command ||O ||controls the Cut Axis.
|Diameter Command ||D ||controls the Diameter Axis.
|Pitch Command ||P ||controls the Pitch Axis.
|Check Command ||C ||detects the condition of the sensor.
|Output Command ||A ||controls on/off of the peripheral devices.
|Timer Command ||L ||controls the waiting time.
|End Command ||E ||commands to end the program.
Program consists of these basic commands and the following marks:
|Synchronization ||( )||synchronizes the movements of different axes.
|Overlapping ||[ ]||overlaps the movements of different axes.
|Velocity Control || ; ||controls the rotating speed of each axis.
|Detecting Position|| @ ||detects the position of each axis.
|Working Datum || / ||sets the working datum value of each axis.
|Limiting || # ||sets the limit to each axis' movement.
|Absolute Movement || ! ||rotates each axis to the position expressed in the absolute value.
|Multiplier Setting|| * ||sets the multipliers of each axis' movement value.
Color Monitor Screen (CRT) will assist your visual comprehension:
- Color display panel shows 100 steps at once to help you picture the program as a whole.
- You can get real-time grasp of the production condition through the histogram, the line graph, and the other various statistical information displayed during the production.
- 24 of the Status Indicator Lamps let you know the Probe and the other systems' on/off status at once.
Large memory capacity and built-in Floppy Disk Drive unit:
- Large capacity of the Internal Memory Bank is a characteristic of the PC series, and such memory bank is capable of storing 300 Steps and the other various parameters and counters of a program, thus it allows you to write a program for complicated spring with ease.
- A 3.5 inch Floppy Disk Drive is built into the PC series as another standard equipment allowing each disk to store up to 70 programs.
- Contents on the floppy disk are various parameters and counters, the Layout Record, and the Total Record of Measured Free Length, along with each program.
- Directory menu of the floppy disk Keeps the records of "name"(of the spring you want to store) and the " date and time"(of when you stored the program).
|Wire Dia. ||0.1mm-0.8mm ||0.3mm-1.5mm ||1.0mm-|
|D/d ||4 ||4 ||4 ||5
|Outside Dia. ||max.25mm ||max.40mm ||max. 70mm
|Feed Axis ||Min. Unit ||0.05mm ||0.05mm ||0.05mm
|Max. Unit ||9999.95mm ||9999.95mm ||9999.95mm
|Max. Speed ||112.5m/min.(90m/min.) ||112.5m/min.(90m/min.)||90m/min.
|Motor ||1000W(750W) ||2600W(1500W) ||7000W
|Pitch Axis ||Min. Unit ||0.01mm ||0.01mm ||0.01mm
|Max. Rotation||500rpm(400rpm) ||300rpm ||240rpm
|Motor ||800W(400W) ||750W ||2200W
|Daimeter Ax ||Min. Unit ||0.01mm ||0.01mm ||0.01mm
|Max. Rotation||500rpm(400rpm) ||300rpm ||240rpm
|Motor ||800W(400W) ||750W ||2200W
|Cut Axis ||Max. Rotation||500rpm(400rpm) ||300rpm ||240rpm
|Motor ||800W(400W) ||750W ||2200W
|Input ||8 ports ||8 ports ||8 ports
|Output ||8 ports ||8 ports ||8 ports
|Dimension ||Height ||1673mm ||1776mm ||2135mm
|Width ||1473mm ||1817mm ||2131mm
|Depth ||774mm ||863mm ||1284mm
|Power Supply |
|Net Weight |
|720kg ||1030kg ||2200kg
|CPU ||32 bit Micro Processor
|Internal Memory ||600 Programmable Steps
|External Memory ||3.5 Inch Micro Floppy Discket
|Display ||10 Inch Color CRT
|Operable Temperature ||0-45 degree Celsius (32-113 degree Fahrenheit)
Please note the contents of this web page is subject to change without notice.